The Arc 2 Work Program
Arc-2-Work is a grant-funded job training program designed to increase the employment outcomes for high school graduates and clients of The Arc. The program offers a 20-hour curriculum in pre-employment training taught in a classroom setting. Once participants graduate, they are placed in the field to volunteer and gain hands-on experience.
The Arc of Alachua County is seeking business and corporate partners who will take advantage of the opportunity to have volunteers work for their company at no cost. Your agency can help Arc-2-Work graduates gain real life experiences in the job market and your employees will learn just how great it is to work with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD).
A Memorandum of Understanding will typically be signed between Arc and the cooperating business or corporate partner. It allows for both partners to make changes, adjustments, and end the agreement at any time. Although we are hoping our Program graduates will stay on as volunteers for at least their original 3-month assignment, job coaches will attend their volunteering sessions to see that things work as smoothly as possible.
Our Supported Employment Program
- Provides ongoing oversight for individuals who hold jobs in the community.
- Works collaboratively with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation to provide training for our clients.
- Provides assistance in work place integration, socialization and consulting for employers.
- Finds jobs for our clients. Clients have been employed at the University of Florida, local food establishments, Florida Department of Transportation, local retail and grocery stores, The GSA, USDA, DOT, and other businesses throughout the Gainesville area.
For an application packet or more information please call or email:
Main email: email@example.com
(352) 334-4060 ext.110
(352) 284-7955 firstname.lastname@example.org